Distribuzione Linux ZeroShell

FAQFAQ   CercaCerca  GruppiGruppi   RegistratiRegistrati 
 ProfiloProfilo  Log inLog in   Messaggi privatiMessaggi privati 

Kernel upgrade

Nuovo argomento   Rispondi    Indice del forum -> ZeroShell
Precedente :: Successivo  
Autore Messaggio
dasilva

MessaggioInviato: Mar Dic 30, 2008 10:20 pm    Oggetto: Kernel upgrade Rispondi citando

Hi there,

I'm sorry but I can only read a bit of Italian so I'm writing in English. I'm trying to use zeroshell with a 3G modem (Huawei E226) and I'm able to plug it in, configure it and it works just fine. However when the modem is already connected to the computer when zeroshell is started, it is not detected. If I unplug it and plug it back it works fine.

As far as I know there were major issues regarding those USB devices prior to kernel 2.6.26 (I use kernel 2.6.26.3 just fine), so I've tried to upgrade my zeroshell kernel. So far I have been able to boot initrd an load the basic drivers but now I'm stuck because the kernel is unable to open an initial console. What am I missing?

Thank you,

Gustavo.
Profilo Invia messaggio privato
ASVP

MessaggioInviato: Mar Dic 30, 2008 11:35 pm    Oggetto: Rispondi citando

did you tryed to load the proper module manually at the boot ?
dasilva

MessaggioInviato: Ven Gen 02, 2009 11:42 pm    Oggetto: Kernel upgrade Rispondi citando

I've tried it once manually after the boot and it worked. I haven't played with the scripts to force the module at boot time though. I thought that upgrading the kernel would be more elegant and not as difficult as it seems now.

Thank you,

Gustavo.
Profilo Invia messaggio privato
Mostra prima i messaggi di:   
Nuovo argomento   Rispondi    Indice del forum -> ZeroShell Tutti i fusi orari sono GMT + 1 ora
Pagina 1 di 1

Vai a: