Distribuzione Linux ZeroShell

FAQFAQ   CercaCerca  GruppiGruppi   RegistratiRegistrati 
 ProfiloProfilo  Log inLog in   Messaggi privatiMessaggi privati 

interfaccia umts

Nuovo argomento   Rispondi    Indice del forum -> ZeroShell
Precedente :: Successivo  
Autore Messaggio
dawid999

MessaggioInviato: Mar Ott 30, 2007 12:02 pm    Oggetto: interfaccia umts Rispondi citando

Dopo aver smanettato un pochino ho abilitato su zeroshell la possibilità di connettersi tramite umts (scheda pcmcia vodafone+adattatore pci),una volta stabilita la connessione il sistema vede una nuova interfaccia di rete e la chiama ppp10
ma purtroppo quando accedo al pannello di amministrazione web nella sezione Network ne in nessun altra vedo tale interfaccia.
come posso fare in modo che venga visualizzata nell'elenco?
Profilo Invia messaggio privato
dawid999

MessaggioInviato: Mar Ott 30, 2007 3:30 pm    Oggetto: Rispondi citando

visto che ci sono chiedo anche quali strumenti da shell posso utilizzare per eseguire dei comandi ad un ora precisa (crontab e at non ci sono Sad )
fulvio
Site Admin

MessaggioInviato: Gio Nov 01, 2007 7:37 pm    Oggetto: Rispondi citando

Nell'interfaccia web di Zeroshell vedi solo le interfacce che vengono create tramite essa e non quelle da shell.
Potresti postare qualche istruzione su come hai fatto a connettere Zeroshell in UMTS tramite scheda pcmcia? La cosa mi interessa personalmente, ma credo possa essere utile a molti. Se poi ti va di scrivere un documento (pdf o html), farei un link nella sezione di documentazione.

Purtroppo ancora non ho compilato il crond per eseguire dei job in determinati momenti. Il workaround è di inserire in /etc/rc.local linee come la seguente:

( while true ; do [ $( date +"%H:%M" ) == "hh:mm" ] && reboot ; sleep 30 ; done ) &

che per esempio effettua il reboot di Zeroshell ogni giorno alle hh:mm.

Saluti
Fulvio
dawid999

MessaggioInviato: Mer Gen 23, 2008 12:00 pm    Oggetto: Rispondi citando

ciao fulvio e scusa se non ho risposto per tutto questo tempo.
per configurare la connesione UMTS tramite scheda pcmcia ho seguito questi passaggi (recuperati dalle guide in rete):

1. http://www.pharscape.org/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=28
2. http://ubuntufacile.org/Internet_mobile_3g_gprs_umts_hsdpa

Codice:

1         Introduction

This unofficial HOWTO explains how you can make Vodafone’s 3G Datacard work with a Linux laptop. It is based on my experiences with the card and the experiences of others.

[Note: 2005/2006 Vodafone now also ship Option Fusion, Fusion+, 3G, 3G/EDGE and HSDPA cards under the same product name of Vodafone 3G. This Howto only deals with the original Vodafone 3G card. The serial numbers of the original cards start with CL ]

For some background and a different perspective see this site http://www.kuix.de/umts/vodafone/

As with my previous GPRS HOWTO I follow some conventions in this document:

For simplicity I refer to the Vodafone 3G Datacard as the V3G.

For clarity all commands typed at a command terminal are indicated like this.

Some_command with parameters

Modem AT commands are indicated like this in text or this:

AT

Please feel free to comment on what you find here.
1.1      Technical Background

If the V3G is installed correctly on your Linux system you will have three USB serial ports. Only two ports (#0 and #2) can be used.

The advantage of having two ports is that you can have your ppp link on one port and do GSM commands on the other port. For example, you can monitor the data connection, check GSM registration and send SMS without breaking the ppp data link.

Because the V3G card uses USB serial ports we can use the standard Linux USB serial drivers.

The V3G is a Cardbus compliant data card and so is designed to work at 3.3 Volts
1.2      Related HOWTOs

Option GlobeTrotter (GPRS/GSM):                                         GlobeTrotter HOWTO

Vodafone 3G Datacard (UMTS/GPRS/GSM):                                Vodafone 3G HOWTO

Option GlobeTrotter Fusion (WiFi 802.11g, UMTS/GPRS/GSM)     Fusion HOWTO
2         Linux Configuration

All of the system configuration tasks must be done as ‘root’
2.1.1      PCMCIA

Make sure you PCMCIA interface is working.

When you plug in the card you should hear one beep. You will see that cardctl does not tell you very much:

linux:~ # cardctl status
Socket 0:
  3.3V CardBus card
  function 0: [ready]
Socket 1:
  no card

linux:~ # cardctl config
Socket 0:
  Vcc 3.3V  Vpp1 3.3V  Vpp2 3.3V
  interface type is "cardbus"
  irq 11 [exclusive] [level]
  function 0:
Socket 1:
  not configured

but it does confirm that PCMCIA is working.

If you are having problems you can read my GPRS HOWTO for some PCMCIA tips but also check out the following:

PCMCIA - http://pcmcia-cs.sourceforge.net/ftp/doc/PCMCIA-HOWTO.html

Laptops - http://www.linux-laptop.net/
2.1.2      USB

If USB support is enabled on your system the V3G card will be recognised immediately by Linux.  If it is not recognised then your kernel may be too old or it has not been compiled with USB support.

If you look at the system log you will see the last few lines will say something like this:

cs: cb_alloc(bus 2): vendor 0x1045, device 0xc861
PCI: Enabling device 02:00.0 (0000 -> 0002)
PCI: Setting latency timer of device 02:00.0 to 64
usb-ohci.c: USB OHCI at membase 0xc90e7000, IRQ 11
usb-ohci.c: usb-02:00.0, PCI device 1045:c861
usb.c: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 2
hub.c: USB hub found
hub.c: 2 ports detected
hub.c: new USB device 02:00.0-1, assigned address 2
usb.c: USB device 2 (vend/prod 0xaf0/0x5000) is not claimed by any active driver

The last line tells you the information we need. We must configure USB so that it recognises the V3G product/vendor codes and correctly assigns the USB serial module to it.

If your system did not report the “vend/prod” in the log it is probably because you have a 2.6 kernel. In this situation you can confirm the same information with the command:

cat /proc/bus/usb/devices

If things are working you should see two lines in the listing:

P:  Vendor=0af0 ProdID=5000 Rev= 0.00
S:  Manufacturer=Vodafone

The key information is the Vendor and Product ID which will be used to identify the card and load the drivers.

Note: It takes time for the card to power up completely when it is plugged in. This means it can take several seconds before the system log is updated.
2.1.2.1       2.4 Kernels

We want to make changes so that the card is correctly configured when the laptop boots or when the card is inserted. One way to do this is by modifying:

/etc/module.conf.local

This file is read by the system to decide what modules are loaded at boot time and when devices are detected (such as USB devices).

The following are the lines I needed to add:

#
# please add local extensions to this file
#
options usbserial vendor=0xaf0 product=0x5000
post-install usbcore modprobe usbserial

The first line tells the system that if it detects a device with vendor ID =0xaf0 and product ID =0x5000 it should use the usbserial module to communicate.

The second line works on my system – it may not be required by yours. This line is a directive that says that when basic USB services are running the system should force-load the usbserial module. It is this line that makes the system correctly detect the V3G at boot time.

Note: Your system may only have /etc/modules.conf. In this case you can add the lines to the end of that file instead.
2.1.2.2       2.6 Kernels

The changes for a 2.6 kernel are very similar:

The file you need to edit will be called

/etc/modprobe.conf.local

The following are the lines I needed to add:

#
# please add local extensions to this file
#
options usbserial vendor=0xaf0 product=0x5000

Note: Your system may only have /etc/modprobe.conf. In this case you can add the lines to the end of that file instead

Once the changes are made you must reboot the system. If you plug in the V3G card you will find messages similar to these in your system log:

cs: cb_alloc(bus 2): vendor 0x1045, device 0xc861
PCI: Enabling device 02:00.0 (0000 -> 0002)
PCI: Setting latency timer of device 02:00.0 to 64
usb-ohci.c: USB OHCI at membase 0xc90e7000, IRQ 11
usb-ohci.c: usb-02:00.0, PCI device 1045:c861
usb.c: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 2
hub.c: USB hub found
hub.c: 2 ports detected
hub.c: new USB device 02:00.0-1, assigned address 2
usbserial.c: Generic converter detected
usbserial.c: Generic converter now attached to ttyUSB0 (or usb/tts/0 for devfs)
usbserial.c: Generic converter now attached to ttyUSB1 (or usb/tts/1 for devfs)
usbserial.c: Generic converter now attached to ttyUSB2 (or usb/tts/2 for devfs)

As you can see usbserial.c has been loaded and has assigned devices to each of the three ports.

Note: The actual device assignments (e.g. /dev/ttyUSB0) may be different if you have other USB serial devices installed..

Note: Because Linux has to load several drivers it will take several seconds after inserting the card before the system reports all the USB ports.

You should check the devices actually exist in the file system:

linux:~ # ls /dev/ttyUSB*
/dev/ttyUSB0  /dev/ttyUSB1  /dev/ttyUSB2
linux:~ #

Normally the above entries exist. If they don’t then you can add them:

# mknod /dev/ttyUSB0 c 188 0
# mknod /dev/ttyUSB1 c 188 1
# mknod /dev/ttyUSB2 c 188 2

If you did this then you will need to re-insert the V3G to get everything working.

**Remember - After making the changes you will need to reboot your system.**
2.1.3      How to use the serial ports

/dev/ttyUSB0 should be used for your ppp data connections.

/dev/ttyUSB2 is the device to use for GSM related tasks such as SMS and network checks.

Note: /dev/ttyUSB1 is not used at all.

If you try and use /dev/ttyUSB2 for a data connection you will not get an error message but the ppp link will actually be created on /dev/ttyUSB0.

DOPODICHE' HO CONFIGURATO I PARAMETRI DELLA CONNESSIONE PER PPP:

Scaricare i file umts e umts-chat

wget http://ubuntufacile.org/files/umts

wget http://ubuntufacile.org/files/umts-chat

Modificare il file umts inserendo la porta dispositivo:

gedit umts

Se necessario cambiare /dev/ttyUSB0 con la porta alla quale avete collegato il dispositivo secondo le impostazioni hardware precedenti e salvare il file.

Copiarlo in /etc/ppp/peers

sudo cp umts /etc/ppp/peers/

Modificare il file umts-chat inserendo i parametri operatore e salvare:

gedit umts-chat

Modificare web.omnitel.it cambiandolo con naviga.tre.it,ibox.tim.it,o internet.wind

Copiarlo in /etc/ppp

sudo cp umts-chat /etc/ppp/

Per connettersi vi basterà digitare:

pon umts

Per disconnettervi:

poff

OPPURE WVDIAL:

Scaricare e copiare il file wvdial.conf nella vostra home:

wget http://ubuntufacile.org/files/wvdial.conf

cp wvdial.conf  ~/

modificare i parametri operatore:

gedit wvdial.conf

Modificare web.omnitel.it cambiandolo con naviga.tre.it,ibox.tim.it,o internet.wind

Connettersi:

wvdial -C wvdial.conf

Per disconnettersi basterà fare CTRL+C per uccidere wvdial oppure:

killall -9 wvdial
dawid999

MessaggioInviato: Mer Gen 23, 2008 12:03 pm    Oggetto: Rispondi citando

se non ricordo male al posto di fare cat /proc/bus/usb/devices per trovare il vendor e product id
ho guardato sotto /sys/bus/usb/devices/....... e poi un cat su vendor e productid
Mostra prima i messaggi di:   
Nuovo argomento   Rispondi    Indice del forum -> ZeroShell Tutti i fusi orari sono GMT + 1 ora
Pagina 1 di 1

Vai a: